We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information with relation to this website.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including: name, email, address, phone number);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including: name, email, address, phone number);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing & non-commercial) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to martial arts which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(4) Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
(5) International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, & other countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on secure off-line computers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.